Friday, 3 December 2010

Strangeness and charm...Forence Welch



Fortunatly I've had the pleasure of seeing Florence and the machine countless times now. Florence's ethereal charm is so enchanting, the whole audience is completely taken in as this creature gracefully prances around the stage. Her style has captured the eyes of many a fashionista, her modelesque figure can carry just about anything. She often jumps between different looks; annie hall inspired looks, grecian goddess, vintage old lady chic, 1950s school girl, dark angel often experimenting with materials such as lace and velvet...the list is endless. Her stage outifits are obvioulsy are a massive part of her act normally either long floaty maxis or leotards with cape like sleeves showing off her amazing pins I'm so envious of. My favourite song is "Cosmic Love" but I love her covers especially of Beiruit's "Postcards from Italy" and Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain" which I've posted above, I'm obsessed with it, I need to find a download somewhere...After seeing clips of Florence and the Machine performing "Strangeness and Charm" on youtube I'm guessing that's going to be their next release, can't wait to hear more new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment