Sunday, 2 January 2011

ORANGE!






 
Bright colours are splashed across spring/summer 2011 collections, from bold blues, fluorescent pinks to fruity shades of oranges, grapefruits and kiwis. I particularly love the collections from Cacharel, Jil Sander, Christopher Kane and Dries Van Noten (all pictured above). Their take on brights are clean, modern and fresh. Both in Cacharel's and Dries Van Noten's collections there's the look of placing a thin jumper or dress over a buttoned up shirt which I may give a try on cool summer evenings. I'd love some pale pink glasses too like the ones featured on Cacharel's runway show. I think one has to be quite brave to try these colours out so I may just start with a tangerine coloured t-shirt, place it with some jeans or cut off shorts and add a touch of fluorescent pink lipstick to round it off. Ultimately I think I'd like an orange shift dress just like the one in VB's spring/summer collection (above), I do love 60s style. 

(Images from style.com, google and grazia)

No comments:

Post a Comment