I live in a village near Grimsby and Cleethorpes and both get a lot of flack; there's not really much to do, it's a hardly a cultural hot spot. When you're young, you just want to get out quite frankly but even though they have many flaws, they have a little beauty too. I'd say Cleethorpes does more so than Grimsby, especially in the summer months. I've many a memory of me and my friends playing games on the beach and messing around on the boating lake. Cleethorpes is filled with cute cafes, restaurants, antique shops and of course a great number of delicious fish and chip shops (the best being our famous Steels restaurant, photographed above), we're quite proud of our fish round here. It also has classic seaside town essentials: arcades, bowling alleys, a pier, cheesy nightclubs (the pier being one of them. Another even has indoor grass), crazy golf, ice cream, doughnut and rock shops and a fairground.
Cleethorpes may have the beach but Grimsby has a little gem; Gulliver's nightclub. Despite living in Leeds for a year and visiting friends at universities in other big cities, to me Gullies is still one of my favourite places to spend an eve. It maybe small, sweaty and not so clean, but I love it anyway - it's plays music I like, it's always filled with familiar faces and you can buy a vodka slush which is very nice indeed!
I took the pics above with a disposable camera (I like the effect they create) on a cold February day so Cleethorpes looks quite eerie but I kind of like the ghost town feel. When I got the photographs back, it made me appreciate the two towns on my doorstep, they ain't that bad really...
"Oh, we only sing when we're fishing!"
Got any love for your hometown?





nice pictures!
ReplyDeletex
http://rememberyourstyle.blogspot.com/